I need help with a server [Closed]

Maksimay

Last edited:

VLee9124

It still doesnt work, it sends me to not existing page. Can i know what web browser are you using?
I have been using Google Chrome, but I doubt that other browsers such as Firefox, IE, etc. are causing this problem.

I am not sure if I can upload the download files for the server-template, as I am not completely sure of the rules for uploads here.

Anyways, it seems that you really only need the Thermos.jar and the server libraries in order to get this thing going, you can create an empty mods folder by yourself, and I believe the .sh file serves no purpose in my case.

If you cannot access the download, I suggest getting a friend to download said .jar file and libraries and ZIPing them and packing them into a mediafire link.

Last edited:

VLee9124

So, if we shouldn't go off the text tutorial, what do we follow?
Well, I can try to lay down the steps for the setup, but as I have discovered, the server will basically be useless unless you are in possession of a map that supports Decimation (Structures and all that fuzz).

So, what I did was:
1. Download the server template
2. Copy the appropriate .jar file for the Decimation mod.
(In my case I was using Twitch launcher, so I opened the Decimation folder from Twitch app, allowing me to get access to the .jar file.)
3. Paste the .jar file in the Server Template mods folder
4. Run thermos.jar like you do any other Server .jar file
(Sign the EULA if needed, although if you had already done this multiple times, it shouldn't really generate another EULA file)
5. Once your server files have been generated, look for the server properties and config that with IP

OPTIONAL 6. Recommend that you always start your servers using a .bat file as it helps with memory allocation etc.

I would opt for these settings:

java -Xmx4G -Xms1024M -jar thermos.jar nogui
PAUSE

However, I think 4G is an exaggeration

7. Start up the server by running that .bat file or using the .jar file; Look for any stopping errors, but mainly if it outputs Done! then you're golden. (I mainly take the constant Update checks as a sign that my server is Done!)

Now this should result in Vanilla world generation, however, with the included mobs and UIs from Decimation. This just leaves us server hosts with 1 problem, that being the map. Now, I for one don't want to dedicate more time for this mod by building or commissioning a map with loot and such, so I'm not going to bother. So thus I abandon attempting to even find a map.

Keep in mind, I have tried reaching for support on the Decimation Discord server, however, I received a confirmation that Decimation is not providing maps for download.

Unless you want to play a Vanilla Gen World with Decimation or mess around in creative with the Gun mods, I don't recommend you go through this set up process as it really is useless unless you have a map for it.

If you get stuck, then I'm sorry that I will not be able to provide any further help as I am currently busy due to exams, but perhaps after May 21st I will further elaborate if needed?

Dazed_08

Well, I can try to lay down the steps for the setup, but as I have discovered, the server will basically be useless unless you are in possession of a map that supports Decimation (Structures and all that fuzz).

So, what I did was:
1. Download the server template
2. Copy the appropriate .jar file for the Decimation mod.
(In my case I was using Twitch launcher, so I opened the Decimation folder from Twitch app, allowing me to get access to the .jar file.)
3. Paste the .jar file in the Server Template mods folder
4. Run thermos.jar like you do any other Server .jar file
(Sign the EULA if needed, although if you had already done this multiple times, it shouldn't really generate another EULA file)
5. Once your server files have been generated, look for the server properties and config that with IP

OPTIONAL 6. Recommend that you always start your servers using a .bat file as it helps with memory allocation etc.

I would opt for these settings:

java -Xmx4G -Xms1024M -jar thermos.jar nogui
PAUSE

However, I think 4G is an exaggeration

7. Start up the server by running that .bat file or using the .jar file; Look for any stopping errors, but mainly if it outputs Done! then you're golden. (I mainly take the constant Update checks as a sign that my server is Done!)

Now this should result in Vanilla world generation, however, with the included mobs and UIs from Decimation. This just leaves us server hosts with 1 problem, that being the map. Now, I for one don't want to dedicate more time for this mod by building or commissioning a map with loot and such, so I'm not going to bother. So thus I abandon attempting to even find a map.

Keep in mind, I have tried reaching for support on the Decimation Discord server, however, I received a confirmation that Decimation is not providing maps for download.

Unless you want to play a Vanilla Gen World with Decimation or mess around in creative with the Gun mods, I don't recommend you go through this set up process as it really is useless unless you have a map for it.

If you get stuck, then I'm sorry that I will not be able to provide any further help as I am currently busy due to exams, but perhaps after May 21st I will further elaborate if needed?
THANK YOU! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO FIND SOMEBODY TO DO THIS!