Suggestions for the economy (caps) on Decimation

stormi

As I understood it, money is not supposed to be stored, except through objects in bank that you can sell later, and except in clans through claims (which takes ages but is safe. Our Nitrox clan got 640k in 2 months on NYC EU, which is what someone can do in one day with coke, but it's OK, we chose that path and at least it's safe). Coke is a way to get rich but is risky on purpose, and you're bandit when you've sold it so another risk until you become Hero again. Looting, in my opinion, should be an interesting way to make money. It's risky, you need to get the black market or heavy gun, and you go out with a sense of satisfaction when you've managed it.

Those principles are defeated in various ways.

Strongly defeated:
  • people just create Bank clans and put literally millions as bounty on those clans. See clans in Bukovka EU such as SuckMyBank (what a clever name) and SturmBank. Money becomes storable in vast amounts. It took them 1 week to reach the million. Compare to the 640k we got in 2 months on our Nitrox clan on NYC EU through claims. This could be forbidden by the rules (and clans deleted along with all the money in case of infraction).
Mildly defeated:
  • it's safer to do money with barbed wires than with coke, and still quite fast especially on NYC where trash bins are legion (15 minutes of loot, 8k caps). 4 wires make 4 wired coils which in turn make 4 barbed wires. So 4 wires = 220 caps. Easier than selling the M16A1 that you've looted on a body to the black market where you'll probably die anyway. I suggest to tweak the crafting recipes: 4 wires => 2 wired coils. 4 wired coils => 1 barbed wire. Or lower the selling price of barbed wires.
  • people with kits that include traps can easily spawn enough traps to get thousands of caps in a minute. No interest for them to loot sellable weapons in crates or bodies. This speaks in favour for lowering the selling price of those traps.
  • after selling coke, people with ranks can simply teleport themselves to a safe zone and let other clan members kill zombies for them, or transfer the money to a friend or secondary account that is in a safe spot and preferrably not bandit so that it can buy stuff (this is if you don't have a Bank clan, else just use your Bank clan). Maybe teleport should be limited when people have a lot of caps. Maybe also caps transfers from player to player should be throttled, for example not more than 20k in an hour. My opinion is that people who just sold lots of coke **should** feel the stress of the way back to a safezone :D
What's boehmod's position regarding those? Are you aware of the recent Bank clans surge? Do you have plans for change? Do you just consider that it's normal and players should just do the same if they want to be rich in the game?

I'm not ranting, I'm genuinely interested in improving the situation for everyone.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Legorel

When i had no rank, i wasn't stressed on the way back to spawn, i was stressed all the time doing coke, it is really stressful to do it alone. But now that i have a rank i can just tp if there is a problem. It's a hard to fix problem but you gave me 2 ideas,
  1. make that you can't tp to someone if there a non ally player near by, and if you try to tp but you can't everybody nearby would get message like "someone tried to teleport near you"
  2. Make that tp can fail and you need to wait 1-5 minutes before a new tp(accepting a tp request or sending one). The cool down and the percentage of succes would be defined by the distance to the other player.

AshlyAsh

When i had no rank, i wasn't stressed on the way back to spawn, i was stressed all the time doing coke, it is really stressful to do it alone. But now that i have a rank i can just tp if there is a problem. It's a hard to fix problem but you gave me 2 ideas,
  1. make that you can't tp to someone if there a non ally player near by, and if you try to tp but you can't everybody nearby would get message like "someone tried to teleport near you"
  2. Make that tp can fail and you need to wait 1-5 minutes before a new tp(accepting a tp request or sending one). The cool down and the percentage of succes would be defined by the distance to the other player.
disagree a bit.